Solar power is a renewable and alternative source of energy provided freely by nature. It is harnessed by directly tapping light or heat from the sun. Solar energy reduces the pollution and global warming caused by fossil fuels and is therefore friendly to your home and the environment. In addition, using solar energy greatly reduces your electricity bills. To reap maximum benefits from any solar energy system, they must be installed and maintained by qualified experts. Therefore, if you are interested in reducing your electricity costs and saving the environment, check out HomeandEnergy for the best sunshine coast solar panels - http://www.homeandenergy.com.au.
Elements of solar power systems
There are two main types of solar power systems; solar hot water system and photovoltaic system. Solar hot water system extracts heat from the sun which is used for heating, bathing and other applications that require heat. The system comprises a solar heat collector, hot water storage tank and pipes for conveying hot water.
The photovoltaic system on the other hand is composed of solar panels that convert light to electricity through photoelectric effect. Electrical energy is then used to charge a special battery through a charge controller. The charged battery stores energy which can be used even when there is no sunshine. Batteries provide direct current (DC) which must be converted to alternating current (AC) which is the power used to run most appliances at home. The conversion from DC to AC is done using an inverter.
Maximizing the performance of solar system
To maximize the performance of your system, it is imperative to work with an experienced and qualified contractor during the design, installation and maintenance of the system. HomeandEnergy not only provides the finest sunshine coast solar panels – http://www.homeandenergy.com.au but also installs and maintains these systems.
To reap maximum benefits, the contractor must adequately measure your system. This is done by estimating the amount of power that your home or industry needs. This is compared to the amount of solar radiation received at your locality. Some areas receive more solar than others and therefore, expert advice is required during installation. Based on the demand and sunlight availability, the experts are able to determine the size and number of panels to be used. Most homes require 1-5 kilowatts and this is achieved by combining a number of panels. In addition, the size of charge controller and inverter as well as the number of batteries is determined. In some cases, solar and grid power are combined to form a smart energy system. The contractor also selects the best sunshine coast solar panels – http://www.homeandenergy.com.au with high efficiency and generates more electricity for a given sunshine irradiance level.
After sizing, the most optimal location for the solar panels is determined. During this stage, the orientation and tilt angle that yields maximum sunlight capture is determined. Before installation, it is important to ensure that parts and installation works are covered by at least a two-year warranty in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty on panels, charge controller and inverter. Lastly, the system is installed according to the design specification. Using local contractors to design and install the system is advantageous as they will also maintain the system.
Good attic ventilation is extremely important in maintaining the conditions of your home. Attic temperatures generally approach the extremes during both summer and winter. During summer, they can get extremely hot while during winter, they can extremely cold. The bad news is that this has very serious implications for the structural integrity of your attic and the roofing in general. If this temperature is not adequately regulated through proper ventilation, these extremes in temperatures will create conditions that will lead to a rapid deterioration of your roofing material. It mostly damages the asphalt shingles of your roof and this will in turn cause leaks and other water-related damages on the roofing. The best way to achieve this is by installing Roswell GA powered attic ventilation fans.
These Roswell GA powered attic ventilators act as the passive ventilation system in the home in expelling hot air or very cold air from the attic. During summer, it will keep the attic cool while in the winter, it will keep it dry thus preventing the formation of the ice dams. The best thing is that they add very little to the home’s energy costs and in fact help you in reducing the costs of cooling as it prevents the over-tasking of the home’s air conditioning system. The procedure for the installation of Roswell GA powered attic ventilation fans is as follows:
- Start by marking the location of the fan. You do this by standing the fan in your attic and then driving a nail through the roof. The nail should be centred between two rafters. Roswell GA powered attic ventilation fans should be placed a third of the way from the peak of your roof in the attic’s centre.
- Take measurements of the diameter of the intake fan that you will install. This will be the opening on the bottom edge which will allow air to be pushed out of the attic by the fan.
- Draw a circle on your roof matching the diameter of the attic fan. Centre it over the nail you drove through the roof in step 1 above. You can draw the circle with a piece of chalk.
- Using a utility knife, cut shingles along the circle you have drawn above. Make use of a prying bar to pry these off the roof.
- On the inner edge of the area where the shingles were removed, drill a hole. You can do this using a reciprocating saw. For protection, wear goggles when cutting a hole in the roof.
- Get rid of the roofing nails around the shingles immediately. Use a pry bar to lift the shingles and loosen the nails. You can then use a hammer to pull out the nails.
- To prevent leaks, you can apply roofing cement around the hole. You may then insert the attic fan into the hole. The bottom of the fan should be lowered to the roof and pressed against it. The flashing or the thin metal surrounding the fan should be slid under the shingles above the hole you had cut earlier. Screw into place the bottom edge of the flashing. After this, apply caulk on the screws as well as the joints between the flashing and the shingles.
DIY installation of powered attic ventilators is not easy. For the best powered attic ventilation in Roswell GA, it is advisable to hire attic fan installation contractors with the right experience and with good reputation in the industry to carry out the installation in a professional manner.